Beach Days

I Love Beach days!

The weather has been pretty hot here and its only spring! I love to just look out at the ocean and breathe the fresh sea air.



Here are a few snaps from Rainbow Bay which is my family's number 1 holiday destination. We are almost locals. My Dad grew up here and I met this place when I was 10 years old when holidaying with my friend Tara. Tara nows lives down here as do my Aunt and Uncle.


 I think it's one of the best beaches in the world, especially when its off season and there's not too many people around. Although it is fun to watch the big surf contests and the crowds of people. Kirra Beach is rebuilding the rock wall which means better waves. Kirra use to be known for having some of the best waves in the world and many contests were held there when the wall was up. The wall has been shortened for some time now moving the surfing and contests further down the beach to Rainbow, Snapper and D'bar.

 The surf is usually a LOT better than in these pictures, this is probably the flattest I've ever seen it. Its more like  Lake Pacific than the Pacific Ocean.





Can't wait to head back down there!


For more info about "Bring Back Kirra" check out these links:
http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/3774-last-roll-of-the-dice-for-kirra
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/documents/bf/project-kirra-faq.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment