Mini Priceline Haul + Clinique




I did a little shopping the other day and picked up a few little beauty items.
Firstly I picked up a Expert Face brush from the Real Techniques range. I picked up one of these brushes in Boots when I was in London a few months ago and I really love it. I use it every day to apply foundation and its just lovely and soft and buffs the foundation in really well. I like it soo much that I bought this second one as I thought it’d be handy to have an extra, especially when one is dirty.





I also picked up some of Ardell’s single false eyelashes. I’m not the best when it comes to applying false eyelashes and for me they are a bit time consuming. So I picked up these single ones to just place on the outer corner of my eyes when I go out at night to add a bit of a Tinkerbell flick. Especially now that Christmas is fast approaching and summer time with lots of festivities going on.



Bourjois brought out some colour boost lip crayon type lip glosses/balms/lipsticks. They are very similar to Clinique’s chubby sticks and Revlon’s Just bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stains. I have some of the Revlon ones already which I love. I love the peppermint smell/taste to them which I know some people don’t really like but I think its nice and fresh. I also love how long lasting they are and the colour range. So when I heard Bourjois brought out some I had to have a look. The colour Peach on the Beach really stood out for me, there are only four colours available here in Australia and it was the only colour that I really wanted. Sadly though when they brought it out in Australia a couple of months ago they only had the tester for Peach on the Beach and no stock of it, which I thought, was really strange for a new product launch! But finally they came in and I grabbed one! I really love this colour. It doesn’t have any kind of smell or taste to it and it is much creamier and glossy compared to Revlon’s. It does say on the packaging that it is waterproof, 10 hours wear and SPF 15. I will say I definitely don’t think it wears that long and I am a bit sceptical about the waterproof as well. It doesn’t seem to last through eating and drinking but it does have a good texture to top up with, not one of those ones that dry or go crumbly and make you have to take it all off to recoat it.








Lastly I bought a new mascara :)
I have just finished my Lancome Hypnose Star mascara which I LOVE! But with the weather getting so hot and humid I thought I would try another one. I have tried Clinique’s Lash Power mascara before which is a kind of tubular mascara that is somewhat waterproof but will come off in warm water. I really like this concept as if you live in a humid environment you would know how much of a pain mascara can be. I also don’t really like waterproof mascara’s as I find them way to hard to get off even with eye makeup remover and oils. Tubular mascaras were designed for humid climates where it won’t smudge you can go in the surf and it’ll stay on but when you want to get it off at night you just need to jump in the shower with warm water and just kind of rub your thumb and index finger on them to wiggle it off and it comes off easy peasy!

So the end of the long story is I found this curling one by Clinique (High Impact Curling Mascara) which is also tubular just with a big curling brush. I am still getting use to the brush but so far so good!


 If you would like to know more about tubular mascaras, there is a great article on them by Zoe Foster here is the link: http://www.fruitybeauty.com.au/fruitybeauty/2013/04/a-wonderful-tubular-mascara-to-try.html


Let me know if you have tried any of these products and let me know what you think!


Peace out!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment